Current Project: Practically Dead
Current Streak: 1 day
Days writing record: 6 days

Monday, January 25, 2010

Why I write...

I've just dedicated an entire blog to writing. "Why?" you may ask.

It's simple, writing is who I am in essence. Yes I love to read and I like maths and scrapbooking...but writing is part of me. Everyday I write something, everyday I think about writing, most mornings I wake up with a scene in my head that i want to write down (not that i do that often.)

Writing for me is a release. Im good at talking yes, but i can never express myself with speech the way i can with text. Words out loud aren't the same for me as they are on paper. "As the warm breeze blew across her face, she revelled in the thought of seeing the lusciousness of the flowers in bloom once again."

That on paper to me is beatuy, but if you say something like that out loud, you sound like you swallowed a dictionary...nerd.

You can put so much on paper that we just can't say to one another, that is why i write. I can say everything ive ever wanted to say, sometimes i rewrite how i would have done something in real life, how it would have turned out had my wits caught up to me at the right moment.

Writing gets all my emotions out of me, it is in it's simplicity, my release.

If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.  ~Toni Morrison

2 comments:

  1. You are the second person to post a "Why I write..." piece. I'm not sure why I do. This will be a question I ponder.

    Hmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe you dont need a reason...you just do.

    ReplyDelete