Current Project: Practically Dead
Current Streak: 1 day
Days writing record: 6 days

Monday, October 31, 2011

NaNoWriMo: To join or not to join

Ok NaNoWriMo, nearly every writer who has been around the internet for a while knows about this, some think it's dumb and unrealistic, others think it's great.

Last year I thought it was crazy and I wasn't ready.

This year I think I'm crazy and still not ready but I'm going to give it a go, because of this one statement:
38,000 people completed NaNoWriMo’s challenge last year. There are two primary reasons the structure works so well. First, it’s a sprint. We can push ourselves harder, writing far more than we’re used to (1,666 words per day, including Thanksgiving) because we know it’s temporary. Second, it’s a crazy goal, and sometimes they are more effective than “sensible” ones, they excite us and motivate us to go beyond our comfort zone.
All because of this guy.

So I'm giving it a go, I'm not registering with the NaNoWriMo site because what I will be writing is not "standard" it's a novel I have started (Practically Dead) but I will be trying for 50,000 words in November. I am a NaNoWriMo rebel and proud!

So I am giving it a go this year, and will probably not want to look at a pen for a week after November ends, I will also most likely burn myself out and produce something truly horrible...but it will be something...and I can fix it up later.

CURRENT PROJECT: Practically Dead
DAYS WORKED ON: 2
WORD COUNT: 1,018

I will write every day. I will finish something.

No comments:

Post a Comment