Current Project: Practically Dead
Current Streak: 1 day
Days writing record: 6 days

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Writing: A Poem

I won a writing contest :D this is the poem I entered. It's pretty crude because I wrote it in about 5 minutes, so pick it to pieces if you want. I will fix it up later, when I get the time...I just needed somewhere to put it because I'm cleaning out my inbox.
 
Writing is release,
Writing is a cure,
Writing relieves the pain,
and makes my heart pure.
 
Writing picks me up,
Whenever i am down,
Writing starts a smile,
Replacing the ugly frown.
 
Writing stops the rage,
When it starts to stir,
Writing stops the tears,
when emotions start to churn.
 
Writing is who i am,
Writing is what i do
But above all else,
Writing and soul are one not two.

Copyright 2010 The Half-Dead Tortoise. Amanda-Lee Finch

(basically, if you steal it, I will hunt you down)

1 comment:

  1. What contest did you win?

    And congrats on winning! I totally agree with your poem

    "Writing is who i am,
    Writing is what i do
    But above all else,
    Writing and soul are one not two."

    I love it!

    ReplyDelete