Current Project: Practically Dead
Current Streak: 1 day
Days writing record: 6 days

Friday, August 6, 2010

Have you ever been forced to write a book?

I feel like I am...in a way.

Last year something horrible happened to me. In which trust was betrayed, relationships were severed, many lies came to light and the cops got involved.

I am writing about it, to get it off my chest...but it's not an accurate retelling. It is sensationalised in some areas, down played in others and focuses a lot on me and how I dealt with the year after it happened.

Considering that twelve months still haven't passed since this event happened, well...I'm not rushing to write it. It's extremely painful and I'm not even sure how I am going to write it yet.

Someone I know, who knows in detail what happened seems to think I am going to "sell my story" because I am writing about it. I know they think that I am going to write about how hard it was and the details of the court case that ensued (within legal limits of course).

I don't want to "sell my story" though...I want to move on. I have never wanted to write for money...but they see this as an opportunity.

They saw that I was working on Practically Dead yesterday...which was kind of awkward because although people know I write, they never see me write or ever read my work...

They asked me if I was still going to write the other story...I told them I was but that I wanted to work on this first....

"Why on earth would you want to write about something like that? You should be writting the other one...you could be one of those people that sells their story you know..."

Even after telling this person repeatedly that I didn't even know if I wanted that story ever to see the light of day...they still won't listen.

Have you ever felt this way? What did you do about it?

It's this kind of crap that makes me shy away from the things I like doing...

No comments:

Post a Comment